Serving on the Community Council
Serving on our School Community Council is a wonderful way for parents and teachers to contribute and help improve academic performance at our school. The school receives an annual dividend from the school trust lands. Our council decides how these funds will be used. This year our school received $106,769 from the School LAND Trust Program. The council reviews and prepares other academic plans for our students each year. All plans are reviewed for final approval by our school board. Councils also act in an advisory capacity to school and school district administrations.
Every public school in Utah has a School Community Council. The councils are made up of school employees who are elected by employees and parents who are elected by parents of students attending the school. Membership terms are for two years. Elections are held at the beginning of each school year. Parent members must have a student attending the school at least one of the two years of their term of service. Employees must be employed by the school district at the school. For more information please visit www.schoollandtrust.org.
Horizon’s School Community Council for 2020-21
- Chair – Erica Wood – email@example.com (year 1)
- Lisa Milkavich – Minute Taker – firstname.lastname@example.org (year 2)
- Autumn Begay – email@example.com (year 1)
- Penny Graven – firstname.lastname@example.org (year 2)
- Jemma Hamilton – email@example.com (year 2)
- Liberty Kluse – firstname.lastname@example.org (year 2)
- Whitney Anderson – Principal – email@example.com
- Michelle Smith – Vice Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org (year 2)
- Trustlands Current School Plan
- Student Success Plan 2020-2021
- Rules of Order and Procedure
- Horizon Elementary Digital Citizenship Report 2020-2021
- How Funds were Used 2019-2020
Meetings will be held on the following dates via zoom. You can join us using this link. Contact Mrs. Anderson 24 hours prior to start time for any further joining information.
- October 12, 2020 – 7:45 a.m.
- November 10, 2020 – 7:45 a.m.
- December 15, 2020 – 7:45 a.m.
- January 12, 2021 – 7:45 a.m.
- February 9, 2021 – 7:45 a.m.
- March 9, 2021 – 7:45 a.m.
- April 13, 2021 – 7:45 a.m.
- May 11, 2021 – 7:45 a.m. (if needed)
SCC Meeting Documents
- October 2020 Agenda | Minutes
- November 2020 Agenda | Minutes
- December 2020 Agenda | Minutes
- January 2021 Agenda | Minutes
- February 2021 Agenda | Minutes
- March 2021 Agenda | Minutes
- April 2021 Agenda | Minutes
- May 2021 Agenda | Minutes
- October 2019 Agenda | Minutes
- November 2019 Agenda | Minutes
- December 2019 Agenda | Minutes
- January 2020 Agenda | Minutes
- February 2020 Agenda | Minutes
- March 2020 Agenda | Minutes
- April 2020 Agenda | Minutes
- May 2020 Agenda | Minutes